•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. BroncoIIer

'88 Bronco II Build Thread

Ive been busy working since I last posted. I have done several things that I need to update and post pictures of. I built a rear bumper, added a winch mount to my front bumper, got a winch (ENGO 10000lb), and removed my body lift. converted to high steer. Ill be posting pics up soon. I...
  2. BroncoIIer

1988 BII Build

I used James Duff shocks on mine. 45$ each and have worked great! I called and told them my static height, and about how much travel I expected to have. They have worked awesome on both of my trips so far! I was skeptical about the on road handling without the sway bars, but these shocks do...
  3. BroncoIIer

No thanks! Mine still work. I would just like to convert to manuals to reduce the wiring. Btw, I plan to get the BII down here by the 22nd for the meet discussed over on pirate here in stillwater.:icon_hornsup:
  4. BroncoIIer

Thanks! You should! It seems like there arent too many of us around here.
  5. BroncoIIer

I thought about that as well, but its pretty rare to find my paint scheme around anymore. Plus it would be cheaper just for the parts. If you need to repaint anyways I would just do that and replace the entire door. Thatd be an easy 20 min fix. I'm hoping my spare tire carrier holds up to...
  6. BroncoIIer

It was awesome! I hope to go back soon. Hopefully Ill have high steer setup by then. There were some pretty sketchy hills out there for sure. And its always fun to stop and watch the custom buggies attempt the insane stuff!
  7. BroncoIIer

Haha yeah that thing could get through just about anything! Those tires were 54's I believe.
  8. BroncoIIer

I looked it up last night. I believe I found it on here somewhere, but it can definately be done. My doors can also be removed withough that harness passing through the door jam now!:headbang:
  9. BroncoIIer

Its time to make an update. I made it out to Hogan's offroad park in Disney, Ok, this past weekend. If you ever have an opportunity to go you should take it. We had a blast! Here are some pictures of the rigs. This is in a creek bed known as halfpipe prior to hitting the trails We...
  10. BroncoIIer

Sorry just noticed you have a '90 model. I have an '88 with the older style headlights so there is a good chance you wont have to.
  11. BroncoIIer

The headlights will need to be spliced for sure. The explorer ran the wires for the tail lights through the body while the bronco II is run along the frame rail. I don't remember exactly where they tied in the harness at though.
  12. BroncoIIer

I think you will need a computer for a manual because of the neutral safety switch
  13. BroncoIIer

Awesome thanks! I have learned a ton from this team. I was the president last year, but this year I will just be around to give advice. Hopefully I can get some work done on the bronco now. :icon_hornsup:
  14. BroncoIIer

Its been several months since I updated my build. I have been super busy with school and work. I found several loose parts after my big trip in March. I have located everything that could be a potential problem and fixed them. Here is on school project that has kept me very busy. It was...
  15. BroncoIIer

So I'm thinking about buying dyna beads to balance my tires. Has anyone used these before? I had my tires mounted at Walmart because of cost, but I think this is the reason the beads gave way so easily with full pressure (31 psi) still in the tires. I'm just afraid that if I drop the cash on...
  16. BroncoIIer

Yeah I had to use the spare. Notice the front passenger tire is a bald all terrain tire in the last pictures. I got a master cylinder of a '99 Lincoln Navigator for $30 from the salvage yard. Fixed my brake problems immediately!
  17. BroncoIIer

I finally put some miles on the truck! I took a trip to Camp Gruber ORV park down in Braggs, OK. We did two straight days of wheeling. Here are some pics! Filling up on gas for the first time in a year First rock ledge to climb over. Notice how stiff the springs are compared to the later...
  18. BroncoIIer

So I bled the brakes again. It is to the point when the pedal bottoms out you can here the tires try to lock up but they wont. I suspect my stock MC can't push enough volume for the bigger brakes. I've done some research and my stock MC is 15/16" in diameter. A F250 master cylinder has a...
  19. BroncoIIer

Thank you! I drove it last weekend for the first time in almost a year! The acceleration is amazing with the new gears. :icon_hornsup:
  20. BroncoIIer

I realized I haven't updated in a while. I finally got the truck to a point where it is driveable. Here are some pictures of how its setting I added the Hella lights to the front Moved the cheap fogs to the rear. Turned down my exhaust. It's really not loud without the muffler. Figured...