•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II Generational Differences

Bronco.ii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I have a 1987 Bronco II Manual 4x4 (not running) and a 1989 Bronco II Manual 4x4 (running). I plan on doing a Carbureted 302 swap with new axles and new (or maybe upgraded and rebuilt) drive train with a 6” lift. This will be a “Capable Pavement Princess” (with the left over parts I plan on putting together an off roader). I prefer the ’87 body style and I am trying to figure out all of the differences between the 2 generations to determine if I should take the ‘87 body and put it on the ‘89 frame or keep the original frame, which body panels are interchangeable, are the interiors (other than the dash) interchangeable etc. any and all advice/info is appreciated.

Bonus points for anyone who has done a removable rear quarter glass project and made it look and function good.

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
First generation 84 thru 88 have a different front frame end than second generation 89 and 90 so front bumpers won't interchange. Also front fenders, hood, grill, valance and radiator core support are different and not interchangeable. Interiors are different and not a bolt in change.all these issues can and have been overcome with creativity and fabrication.
Never seen a rear quarter class removable.